Bhutan Culinary Expedition
Found and Foraged
Chef-Hosted Bhutanese Culinary Vacation
Experience the unique taste of Butanese traditionall cuisine on an exclusive cooking vacation journey
Bhutan is better known for its culture than its cuisine, which is why a culinary expedition into the Land of the Thunder Dragon is one filled with adventure and discovery. The kingdom’s deep pine forests are home to the rare, highly-prized mastsutake mushroom – known locally as sangay shamu. Highly sought after in Japan due to their distinct spicy aroma, these fabled fungi only grow in the wild and are found and foraged– along with around 400 other species of mushrooms– in the hills of western Bhutan in the late summer. Join us for a one-of-a-kind culinary expedition, with options to forage in the forests for tender fern tips and delicious mushrooms, explore vibrant farmers’ markets and learn about the fascinating gastronomic culture of this isolated kingdom that clings to the rooftop of the world. Epicurean cuisine will be a highlight, with tailor-made expeditions hosted by a well-known chef who will create signature dinner menus in atmospheric surroundings, showcasing wild fungi and other local delicacies from soup to souffles to slow braised yak. Arrive and depart via private jet and enjoy 5-star luxury accommodations at scenic lodges in Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
- Chef-hosted expedition with cuisine tailored to your preference
- Forage for fern tips and wild mushrooms in the forests
- Hike to 7th century Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- Cooking class showcasing traditional Bhutanese cuisine
- Visit traditional farmhouse and local farmers’ markets
- Visit Punakha Dzong – home to Bhutan’s national treasures
- Luxury accommodation and superlative service at 5-star resorts
- Private jet journeys
- Nightly epicurean themed dinners showcasing traditional and fusion cuisine based on foraged and seasonal fresh produce
This is a gourmet, chef-hosted expedition infused with the breathtaking scenery and rich cultural traditions of Bhutan, with options to hike, forage, visit ancient monasteries and enjoy nightly epicurean menus.
When to Visit
7 days / 6 nights itinerary
EXOTIC DESTINATIONS, EXQUISITE LUXURY, EPICUREAN CUISINE
Join us for a culinary adventure like no other, a luxury expedition through legendary Bhutan. Contact our team of travel specialists now to start customizing your exclusive Flagship Luxury Expedition.